1- Health insurance - compulsory !

European students

You don't have to complete any process if you have a European Health Insurance Card: you can use it to have access to medical care in France. You are covered, whatever the date of your registration in a French higher education institution. You are in this case if you have the nationality of a country of the European Union, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.


Non-European students already registered in France for the academic year 2017/18

·Start of the academic year 2018: You don't have to complete any process: you stay in the same scheme. You will be managed by a student healthcare mutual (the one you subscribed during your registration in an institution in 2017). You can't change it during the academic year 2018/2019.


Non-European students arriving in France for the academic year 2018 or later

·You can benefit from the French general healthcare system if you came to France with a VLS-TS visa ("visa long séjour valant titre de séjour", Long Term Visa used as Residence Permit)
·First, you must

  1. validate your visa,

  2. register to your higher education institution.

·Then you must register to the French general healthcare system.
·Registration is free and completed online by logging in to the website of the health insurance dedicated to foreign students :  www.etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr .
Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.